Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
BHP_Alex
fidsey
LifeOfRiley
Matt
Amy
10 posters

September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day

Amy
    Amy
    Admin

September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day Empty September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day

Post  Amy Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:43 pm

First up here is a link to the website with some more information about this show...

Uttoxeter Racecourse.

The theme for club stands is Italian Job and first prize for best stand is £500! We already have a slight advantage with Greg's three Italian Job minis so lets go all out and try and get a decent club stand for this show!

Edit: ahem! all ideas removed!!

PREPARATIONS BEGINNING AT THE NEXT CLUB MEET!

Last edited by Amy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Amy
    Amy
    Admin

September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day Empty Re: September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day

Post  Amy Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:48 am

We made some good progress on the bus at the club meet-nearly all done now! We have more ideas for doing the front and some doors on the back and also the driver's window Wink We need to think how we can make the doors at the back? Maybe as Jean said, with just a couple of bits of mdf propped up?

Just found out an "interesting fact" that the bus from the film was taken back to Scotland and used as a normal service bus until the early 90s when it was scrapped. It was a Harrington Legionnaire, registration ALR 453B.

List of people doing vehicles from film...

England supporters van (Ford Thames) - Jean (Reggie)

Sicurreza bullion van- Amy (Vinnie)

Posh Pakistan Ambassador's car- Sean and Jen (Black Cooper)

Mafia Caterpillar 944A-Matt (Orange Clubman)

Polizia Car- Les and Rob (Gerty)

Land-Rover- Kris (Kenny)

Italian Job red- Greg

Italian Job blue - Greg

Italian Job white- Greg (Mabel) Very Happy

We could really do with some more minis at the show so if anyone wants to come please put a post here or give me a ring/text (07739843983)

We still need someone to be a fiat 500, maybe another police car, and one of the sports cars- charlie's aston martin?

If Nick's van has the engine in and he is coming we could stick a sign on the back doors with "please don't blow my bloody doors off" Cool
    Amy
    Amy
    Admin

September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day Empty Re: September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day

Post  Amy Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Little Greg has had an idea-

If we dress up Matt's car as the orange lambo then we could have a child's ride-on digger at it's wheels making it crash!

Does anyone have a kid's ride-on digger?
    Matt
    Matt

Post  Matt Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:13 pm

If we dress up Matt's car as the orange lambo then we could have a child's ride-on digger at it's wheels making it crash!

CRASH! affraid
    I havent got my childs digger anymore i stopped using it when i passed my passed test but i've got a plan, a cunning one at that!
    Amy
    Amy
    Admin

Post  Amy Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:15 pm

What is your cunning plan?!
    Matt
    Matt

Post  Matt Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:23 pm

I cant say on here just in case any other mini clubs are watching but it will be more cunning than a cunning fox. Smile
    Amy
    Amy
    Admin

Post  Amy Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:25 pm

omg it sounds amazing already!! send me a pm??
    Matt
    Matt

Post  Matt Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:00 am

Pm'd
    Amy
    Amy
    Admin

Post  Amy Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:25 am

Very Happy Wink

I don't think we need a ride-on digger anymore folks! Matt's got it all sorted....
    Matt
    Matt

Post  Matt Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 am

Should be handy in the snow aswell, but the neighbours will think i really have gone nuts this time the honda motor was bad enough drunken

Post  ....... Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:50 pm

is it a tonka toy?? Very Happy those thing are amazing. . .

Post  ....... Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:52 pm

i got the jags Razz

September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day 006
    LifeOfRiley
    LifeOfRiley

Post  LifeOfRiley Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Well if you don't mind me and "Rupert" tagging along... (that's my elf!)

I will slap a blue flashing light, and some nice Polizia graphics on him and turn him into an Elfa Romeo!!!!

This picture shows how good he looks with the 3 Italian job Minis!!! Imagine him with the light and graphics!!!! lol

Jase

September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day DSCF1179-1
    Amy
    Amy
    Admin

Post  Amy Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:53 pm

I think a few of you will be going up to Uttoxeter on the Saturday to stay over the night, either camping or 'roughing it in a Travel Lodge'.

We've got quite a lot to set-up and get perfect by 10am so everyone needs to be at the stand by 9am at the latest pretty please. Have a feeling the balloons are going to take a long time!

Jenko- can you bring your little gazebo please?

If anyone needs to take large items for their mini 'costume', Alex is taking a van so you can drop things off with him before Saturday and he can take them down for you.

For those of you who are going up on the Sunday morning we're meeting at 7am at the lay-by on the Hereford to Worcester Road which is just past The Fox Inn and Ted's Snack Bar, before the first big roundabout for the Worcester by-pass. (i hope I've got that right?) I know Sean and Les, and Gary and Karen will be meeting here.

DON'T FORGET YOUR OWN OUTFITS! Very Happy

See you there! Smile
    fidsey
    fidsey

Post  fidsey Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:19 am

If all goes well this week I may be coming in the van after all.I picked up an A+ engine from mr Jenkins on saturday
    so I will be busy this week fitting it into the van.Unfortunatly it's not a straight bolt in job.
    LifeOfRiley
    LifeOfRiley

Post  LifeOfRiley Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi Amy,

I came across a Pakistan flag for sale in Gloucester today for £6! The only problem is it's a full size flag!! I think they probably want small ones??? Let me know if you want me to get it. If you do, text me 07900 492712

Jase
    Amy
    Amy
    Admin

Post  Amy Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:32 pm

I've just sent Sean a text thank you Jase (he's not on here) so I'll let you know what he says, what an amazing find!! x
    BHP_Alex
    BHP_Alex

Post  BHP_Alex Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Balloons all ordered, and on route Smile and on another note i have been in touch with the organizers of the show there is no camping on the show grounds at all Sad so mr jenkins if you are reading which hotel are you staying at and do people fancy sorting to stay at the same one for example

Cheers Alex
    jenko
    jenko

Post  jenko Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 pm

I'm staying at the Travelodge in the centre of stafford Smile
    if people want to stop there i know the way with my eyes closed from there Cool
    If the rest of you aren't sure how to get there we can all meet up at our hotel or on the A518 out of stafford.
    LifeOfRiley
    LifeOfRiley

Post  LifeOfRiley Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:40 am

We'll be at the travelodge Stafford North (Hurricane). Anywhere near yours Greg?

Jase
    fidsey
    fidsey

Post  fidsey Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:46 pm

If anybody has a small jenny I could take my smoke machine put it in the back of my van with the doors open,with the
    effect of the bloody doors being blown off.
    Bean
    Bean
    Admin

Post  Bean Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 am

Will be meeting you in ... ohhhh ... 5 1/2 hours time! Suspect

Just doing some finishing touches... heh heh heh!

Hope everyone's OK!

See you later! Very Happy
    Timmy
    Timmy

Post  Timmy Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Just wondering how you all got on? any photos?

Timmy....
    Matt
    Matt

Post  Matt Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:50 pm

We came in second place for the club stand, should have won in my opinion it was a bit eurovision if you get what i mean. Apart from that it was a good show we had a good few there cars aswell. I'll put the photos up later Smile
    Matt
    Matt

Post  Matt Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:27 pm

September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day DSC00157
    September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day DSC00158
    September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day DSC00159
    September 6th, Uttoxeter Racecourse-British Mini Day DSC00160

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:56 pm