Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Major oil leak!

fidsey
    fidsey

Major oil leak! Empty Major oil leak!

Post  fidsey Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 am

Well finally finished the van off last night, after the engine started leaking about a liter of engine oil within a couple of minutes so i hav'nt been driving the van for a couple months. Anyway the leak was coming from the bell housing side and yes youve guest it rear main oil seal. I must admit I have never seen one go so bad as the rubber had gone that hard it broke in half and fell out against the flywheel. Anyway all fixed now so should be back on the road once the weather gets a little better. I just need to do a bit of bodywork later on as the front panel has started to bubble up under the headlights,usual minimachine crap steel. Rolling Eyes
    Matt
    Matt

Major oil leak! Empty Re: Major oil leak!

Post  Matt Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:20 pm

I thought hadn't seen your van in a while, what engine are you running now Nick?
    lesley

Post  lesley Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:59 pm

Doe's that mean you will make next meet?????
    fidsey
    fidsey

Post  fidsey Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Matt I still have the 998 A+ motor in that Jenko let be borrow until I get the 850's mains sorted for the second time, I've had that motor in now for a couple of years now. Very Happy
    Lesley that does mean I will be at the next meet fingers crossed hopefully the seal should be alright now,I still have an oil leak on the other end of the gearbox but that's always been there,I can put up with that. Smile
    Matt
    Matt

Post  Matt Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:54 pm

They always seem to leak from somewhere, the next meet is at the railway at dinmore on thursdy 30th Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 pm